- reducing prejudices in society against mental health care and psychiatric illnesses
- dealing with specific needs and problems of clients, ex-clients, their relatives or friends
- enhancing the inclusion of clients or ex-clients in society
- improving the living conditions and environment of clients or ex-clients
- improving the working conditions and environment at the GGzE
- making a concrete, positive and lasting impact on the institution, its clients or staff
The invited artists will be provided a studio to work on site at GGzE in order to gain a comprehensive understanding of the Mental Health Care Institution, its clients and staff. They should envisage a close cooperation with the GGzE and the Van Abbemuseum as well as with local or national institutions, organizations, communities and individuals which are concerned with issues according to the submitted projects.